Directors Election 2022
Below are the timelines and legal requirements for the District’s Board of Directors elections. If you have any further questions please contact us here.
District Contact Information:
- Name of Political Subdivision: Harris County MUD No. 86
- Mailing Address: 6363 Woodway, Suite 800, Houston, TX 77057
- Phone: (713) 739-1060
- Email: email@example.com
Date of Next Election for Officers of the Political Subdivision:
- May 7, 2022
Location of Next Election:
- To be determined
Requirements for Filing for Candidacy for Each Elected Office of Political Subdivision:
- The Application for a Place on the General Election Ballot can be obtained from the Election Agent or from the Secretary of State’s website: www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/index.shtml (Form 2-21). The Application must be completely filled out, signed and notarized, and must be timely received in the office of the Election Agent as prescribed by Section 144.005(d), Texas Election Code. Candidates can drop off their applications at the office of, Bacon, Wallace & Philbin, L.L.P. located at: 6363 Woodway, Suite 800, Houston, Texas 77057. There are no filing fees associated with your application.
The filing period begins January 19, 2022, and the filing deadline is February 18, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- The write-in candidate application may be found at the following link: https://www.sos.state.
- Filing deadline for write-in candidates is February 22, 2022.
Office of the Election Agent
- Election Agent: Connie Wenske
- Physical Office: 6363 Woodway, Suite 800, Houston, TX 77057
- Telephone: (713) 739-1060
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Eligibility Requirements for a Candidate:
- Qualifications of office for Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 86 can be found in Texas Water Code §§ 49.052 and 54.102. Additional eligibility requirements for public office may be found in Texas Election Code §141.001, as applicable.